Thursday, August 29, 2019

COSI Aug. 10, 2019

Saturday August 10, 1019

COSI


I was so excited to have the opportunity to do chalking at COSI in Columbus. There were only 4 of us but it was a good group. The theme had to be something about Columbus. So I decided to begin with a drawing that I had done a couple of years ago of "hippie" school bus and add "Columbus" to the side of it.

 This is the drawing that I created for my chalk design.

I choose a spot for my artwork between two posts on the sidewalk. It was a great place out of the way, but it would cause me problems later photographing my artwork. It was in the shade most of the day. Which was really great!


Here I am all ready to begin.

 Beginning Sketch

 Starting at the top with the sky blue...
 More blue
 Green grass
 More colors
I was concerned about the blue sky against the blue bus so I added green trees over the top of the bus.
 Inside image finished
 Lettering in white...

 Decided to add the purple around the outside...
 Then added purple on the letters too and that really made it "pop."
 All finished!
 Look at me! This is what comes from using black!
 All finished a looking good!
 Then the marching band marched by...little too close for comfort!
 Lots of people too!
 Trying to get a good picture!
 All finished and cleaned up...looking pretty good if I don't say so myself!
 I wanted to get the COSI in the background...unfortunately my artwork is upside down.
 Finally got some good pictures thanks to Hillary's long selfie stick!

We stopped at Young's Dairy on our way home...just the reward treat I needed for a long day of chalking!



No comments:

Post a Comment