Monday, June 28, 2021

Not Chalk Art...

 Not Chalk Art but Street Painting

June 5, 2021

My first chalk art of 2021 was actually not chalk art at all it was street painting! I had the opportunity to paint storm sewers at Saint Ann's Hill in Dayton. The neighborhood sponsored this event and supplied all the paint (red, yellow, blue, black and white) and painting supplies. I brought my own brushes and my beach umbrella. I was so glad that I had my umbrella, because it was such a hot day. My spot was at Fifth and Henry Streets in Dayton.

It took me only a few hours to complete, which was good because it was so hot. I had a visitor during that time: my grandson, Roland, came to visit me! The nice thing about this design is that it will be there for years to come!

Here is a picture of the finished product below:

Here is the spot at Fifth and Henry in St. Ann's Hill Dayton


Ready to start!


My design


The sketch

Yellow first...

then blue...


and red...


then added details....

....almost finished!
My visitor!



Finished!
Good thing...I'm melting!

One more pic before I left!
 

I had to go back later that evening because I forgot to sign my artwork!

You can go by and see it at the corner of Fifth and Henry Streets in Dayton, Ohio.


No comments:

Post a Comment