Thursday, October 18, 2018

Chalk the Block Easton 2018

Chalk the Block Easton 2018

 September 29 & 30 2018

This was my third year to do Chalk the Block at Easton. It is the premier chalk event of the season. All the best chalk artists are there. 
I had a hard time deciding what to do this year. I finally decided to do Fisher Price toys. I worked on a couple of different sketches of toys before deciding on the toy phone. 
The week before the event I had a change of heart. It was the week of the Brett Kavanaugh hearings. I, along with so many other women in the United States, watched them with stress and frustration. I was so upset by them that wished that I could do something! 
Then I suddenly realized that I had a great platform to make a statement. I changed my mind about my art the day before the event and created a totally new drawing. I thought about it up to the last minute, but I decide to go ahead with it. I hoped that people would understand an appreciate my meaning.
I had so many good comments about my chalk art, particularly from women. I felt that I had done my job. It felt so good to have made my statement!
Here is the finished product...
 
What follows is how it came about...
 Here are my two sketches. The one on the right was the one I was going to do. The one of the left was the one that I changed to.
 Taped out an ready to begin!


 Here is the camera that I bought with my grant money. I'm still having so much trouble with it. Still can't figure out how to use it. It died halfway through the day!
 My beginning sketch

 Secondary sktech

 Beginning to add the color
 It was a hot day for the last weekend in Sept.

 More color.

 First layer finished

 Coming along!

 Love to show off all my chalks!

 All finished early! Love it! It really makes a great statement!



 Later in the day...still looks great!
 The next day it still looked great!
When I came back on Sunday these girls were having their picture taken in front of my artwork. Love it when that happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment