Monday, June 6, 2022

May Family Fun Day

May Family Fun Day in Washington Township

May 14, 2021

I was asked to do some chalk art for the Family Fun Day at the Washington Township Rec Plex. Since I'm now an employee I had to clock in at the beginning of the day and clock out at the end of the day. I decided that the simplest thing to do was the logo for the event. The other thing is that I had to have them purchase all my supplies for me. I couldn't bring anything of my own.
I thought I should paint part of it to make it a little more permanent. I'm not sure that it was necessary. I started by painting the outlines and then filling in with chalk. I was able to finish my chalk art in the morning, particularly since I had another staff member helping me. After this all I had to do was sit and watch for the rest of the day!
We had a chalking area for everyone around my chalk design. My plan was to have cut outs of the figures at the bottom of the logo for people to trace and fill in. Most people decided to do their own designs. But that was OK and made for a lot of nice chalk art in the parking lot around me.
Unfortunately the event wasn't well attended, but those who did attend had a great time! 
It did rain later that evening and by the next day all that was left was the painted portion of the design. This part stayed there for weeks and weeks afterward.
 
 

 






































 

No comments:

Post a Comment