Monday, July 8, 2019

Cedar Point Sprots Force Parks July 2019

Sports Force Parks @ Cedar Point

July 5, 2019




I had a fantastic opportunity to chalk at the Sports Force Park @ Cedar Point last Friday July 5. 

The theme for our artwork was to be something about baseball. I knew that I wanted use the All American Professional Girls Baseball League in my artwork. I did some research and decide to use some pictures that I found of Dorothy Kamenshek one of the players of the league. I discovered that she was born the same year as my mother (1925) in Cincinnati Ohio and played for the league for 10 years and retired after an injury and went on to become a physical therapist. She died in 2010 in California. 

We started at 8:30 am that morning and worked through the day. I would have finished just after lunch, but it decided to rain! Then I had to fix my chalk art and didn't get finished until about 4. 

Except for the heat and the rain, it was hands down the best chalking experience that I've had and the best paid too! Not only did we get paid to do our chalk art, but we also received complementary tickets to both the Sports Force Park and Cedar Point as well as our hotel and food for the day of chalking. They also supplied tents to cover us from the sun and the rain. Hope they ask us to come again!

My chalk artwork came out great, even though I had to fix it up after the short rain storm that we had in the middle of the day.



  I did some research and found the logo for the league.

I decided to use Dorothy Kamenshek as my subject. 




The night before the event!


 I'm ready to begin!

 The Sketch: I ran out of room for all the words. It should say: "All American Girls Professional Baseball League" but I didn't have enough room so I shortened it to "All American Girls Baseball League. Hope no one noticed!
 Step one...
 Step two!
 Step 3
 Step 4
 Step 4
 Step 5
 Almost finished!
 It was almost finished when the storm clouds started to roll in. I took a picture just before we covered it.
 Ready for the rain!
 After the Rain. The cover did pretty good, except that some of the water pooled under the plastic


 Funny thing there was an imprint of my artwork on the plastic. I was thinking of keeping it but I wasn't sure what I would do with it!
 The artwork and the plastic after the rain!
 All finished after the rain fixes!
 Done!


 All finished!
 Here is our chalking group for the day, minus one!


 Went back later that evening to take more pictures and it was still looking good!
 Had early entry passes for the next day at Cedar Point. It was great to miss some of crowds!
 We had a great (hot) day at Cedar Point!
 The perks of chalking!
 I received 2 five day passes to Cedar Point, but all we could do was one day. Especially after I did chalking the day before! The heat was the worst! But it was the best chalking experience yet!


No comments:

Post a Comment